Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the victims of this horrible tragedy at Emmanuel AME Church in Charleston, SC on June 17th.
We offer our prayers of peace and strength as you navigate through this awful targeted attack on humanity.
We pay respects to the victims by providing their pictures here:
- A 45-year-old mother of three, reverend, and high school track coach, Sharonda Coleman-Singleton was killed.
- Rev. Clementa Pinckney, was fatally shot in the attack. He was 41 and he was also a state senator in S.C.
- Cynthia Hurd,54,was a librarian, she worked at the public library for 31 years and she was killed in the shooting,
- Tywanza Sanders, 26, was a recent graduate of Allen University in Columbia, South Carolina, he was killed.
- Myra Thompson, 59, was the wife of reverend Anthony Thompson, who is a vicar at Holy Trinity REC was killed.
- 70-year-old, Ethel Lee Lance who had worked at the church for more than 30 years, was killed in the shooting
- Rev. Daniel L Simmons, 74, attended Bible study every Wednesday, he was killed.
- Rev. Depayne Middleton-Doctor, 49, was also one of the victims of the shooting, she was a mother to 4 daughters
- Susie Jackson, 87, was also a victim, her nephew, Tywanza Sanders, died when he dived in between her and the shooter to save her. Jackson’s cousin, Ethel Lance, was also a victim of the attack.
We leave you with this quote from Dr. Martin Luther King after the Birmingham bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church in 1963: